Yesterday was such a spectacular day. My niece, Isabella, turned one! This year has flown by and I'm so happy I got to see all the great things she's accomplished (hello to drinking regular milk). My sister Annette is such an amazing mom. Annette and Bobby adore that little girl (as we all do!) and I'm happy to see my niece growing up with so much love around her. Yesterday we celebrated with just immediate family (which is still a whole lot of people, had to eat in shifts!) with a delicious pasta meal and a homemade cake made by Bobby's mom. I let her open half of her gifts but I'm saving the rest for her birthday party tomorrow.
On to more spectacularness...
I met Jeane and Ayesha in the morning to fabric shop. This was a birthday gift from the both of them that allowed me to indulge in my "fabric dreams". We shopped at 35th Ave. Sew and Vac and found some treasures. My favorite are the two pieces from Moda. That scissor fabric is...it's just...I can't take my eyes off of it. Seriously. I have to go back and touch it occasionally. Creepy, I know. I first spotted it on Jeane's mom's blog and couldn't wait to get my hands on it. So happy it was at the shop instead of having to order it online. I found a plastic tub set for $5 at Target the other day so my fat quarter beauties are going to go live in there now (so as not to get dusty).
Even more spectacular events this way...
I purchased a few tickets that I'm jumping-up-and-down excited about. I really did jump giddily when purchasing them. First, are the Grease Sing-A-Long tickets that my sisters and my mom's sisters are going to enjoy next Friday! Grease is one of my favorite movies and I can't believe that I actually get to see it in theaters AND be able to sing at the top of my lungs when doing so!! No, you don't understand what this means to me. Every time we have karaoke night at my parent's house we ALWAYS have to sing Grease songs. Now I get to do it while they are on the big screen!!! Still deciding whether or not we are going to dress up like pink ladies when we go ;)
I also purchased tickets to see my love, my life, and my lady Jenny Lewis. It gets better. We are going to see her in Portland!! Justin and I have been wanting to travel to Portland for years. It's just one of those cities that I know I will fall in love with and want to move immediately to (San Francisco also has this effect on me). We always thought it would be great to visit there when one of our favorite bands was playing there and voila!! We're in the process of finding a hotel but I think we are set on Hotel Modera.
See, I told you is was a spectacular day.
No comments:
Post a Comment