Sunday, April 26, 2009

it's always changing.

I am truly my mother's daughter when it comes to never being satisfied with my home decor/design. I will move furniture around (well, technically husband does this part for me) constantly until it feels "right". Although I am starting to find out that maybe there isn't a "right" when it comes to me and my craziness.

So today's I-can't-stand-the-way-this-room-looks-and-don't-roll-your-eyes-at-me-justin-because-you-are-going-to-help-move-furniture dilemma is between three spaces in my house; the office, my craft room and the movie room.

I had high hopes for the craft room (as you may remember from this post) but it's just not working out at the moment and I feel like I am wasting space. I am hoping to get creative again (maybe summertime???) someday and finally start that etsy shop us gals have been talking about. But for now, things need to be moved again.

About a month ago I moved my desk into the guest bedroom, took out the futon and the treadmill and set up the furniture I bought from IKEA. This allowed for Justin to have his own office and with my desk gone from that room I moved in the red couch from the movie room and put the futon and treadmill in the movie room (even typing this is exhausting).

Here are before pictures of the office:




Now I don't have after pics of the office but I'll just say that it looks way more crowded with the red couch in there.

Before pics of the guest bedroom (the futon had been moved out at this point and the red couch was being stored in here):


Looking at that shelf and how unorganized it is still makes me shudder.

After pics:


Even though my craftroom is just down a short hallway and we can see and hear eachother perfectly, I miss having my computer in the same room as Justin's. So, After all this moving around we did a month ago, we are going to have to do some more until my need for perfection is satisfied. Stay tuned!

P.S. I would have liked to show more photos of the movie room and how wrong it looks and what my plans are for that space, but blogger has a terrible, terrible set up for adding photos to blogs. If the Blogger Gods are listening, PLEASE make it easier to add and move photos around on my blog. And while you guys are at it, make the the posting window bigger for Christ's sake. UGH!

No comments: