Friday, April 10, 2009

these days...

I cannot seem to get caught up with anything. This is not because I am overly busy with work and social/family life (although those two categories of my life are never dull). I have just been, well, lazy. plain and simple. It is spring. It feels warm outside which makes me want to sit and read my book while watching the dogs play and the school year is (slowly but surely) coming to an end so I am not bringing any work home. I have not kept up on craft projects. I have not kept up on house projects (or even cleaning my house for that matter.) We did plant some things out in the backyard last weekend. This makes me happy because there is finally a bit of color out there besides green.

Just and I sit in the backyard everyday after dinner. It's so relaxing and makes me forget about of the other things I should be doing. However, now that I see all these pretty plants growing I am noticing more and more the fact that the grass is taking over the rock border. Grr! I should have put curbing in ages ago! Oh well, that will come in time.

Last night I snapped out of my laziness for just a bit and finished cutting the squares for Isabella's baby quilt. This is what I started out with:


But ended up leaving some of these fabrics out. Here is the final line-up:



Now I've just got to sew, quilt and do a gillion other steps before it's complete. Oh, the joys of quilting.

No comments: