Tuesday, May 3, 2011

victory lap: the twenties.

Yesterday was my 29th birthday.  I had my family over and my mom and Justin cooked up some delicious pasta for all of us and we played with our newly bought X Box 360 and Kinect.  So. Much. Fun!  I'm not big on celebrating my birthday and it's not because I am traumatized in any way, just because I don't feel the need to go all out now that I am over 21.  So, this is the last year of my twenties and I decided to do what almost every blogger does, create a 30 before 30 list!  I plan to complete these tasks before my next birthday and blog about them along the way.  

30 before 30 list:

1. Take a photo a day/week.  (I think this might turn into journal every day.)
2. Purchase tickets for a Mediterranean cruise.
3. Lose weight.  I'll say about 15 lbs.  But I'll take what I can get.
4. Hike Camelback Mountain.
5. Visit the Grand Canyon.
6. Learn how to play "Blackbird" on the guitar.
7. Improve my geography skills.
8.  Eat at a new restaurant once a month.
9. Dress up in a cute cocktail dress and have a girls night.
10. Print out the many photos that I have on my computer and scrapbook/journal them.
11. Find one new band to like.
12. Sing karaoke at a bar.
13. Make 10 new crocheted projects.
14. Learn how to make fresh tortillas like my nana's.
15.  Pay it forward in some way.  
16. Add another vegetable to my list of favorites to eat.
17. Volunteer at least once a month.
18. Donate at least $100 to charities.
19. Finish decorating the master bathroom.
20. Take an art class.
21. Take a dance class.
22. Have my fortune read.
23. Make the backyard look presentable.
24. Buy more accessories and WEAR them.
25. Host a themed party.
26. Paint something (anything!) on canvas.
27. Sew at least 5 new projects.
28. Dance along to the choreography of Thriller.
29. Take arty photos of my family.
30. Improve my teaching/classroom in 5 different ways.

There are a few things that didn't make it onto the list (learning another language and taking cello lessons are examples) simply because I couldn't determine the exact price or amount of time it would take to complete them.  I hope to check off everything on this list and complete some of them with my nearest and dearest!

2 comments:

nettie said...

I want to come on some of those adventures with you!

Amy said...

Sweet! I love your list. Happy Belated Birthday :)