Sunday, April 3, 2011

the joys of quilting.

I had finally chosen fabric and started Julianna's quilt almost 2 weeks ago thinking that I had about a month to complete it, but nope!  My nieces and nephews are always so impatient when coming into this world and always show up early.  Jules was about  3 weeks early (born on March 31st), and my motivation has since wilted as I'd rather spend time cuddling her than working on her quilt.  I've also been under an allergy attack for the past 4 days, which hasn't helped my productivity at all.  I decided to try a zig-zag quilt this time around and I found a tutorial to follow, however, when it came time cut the fabric I neglected to actually read the tutorial and just ended up doing my own thang.  I hope it comes out ok! My problems seem to occur when I get to the binding part of it all.

I've had quite a few baby gift projects lined up for the past 4 months that I haven't been able to add anything to the shop lately.  Luckily, Barb and Ernie are making sure it thrives regardless of what I contribute.  I'm hoping to add some crocheted baby blankets and some sewn items to the shop as soon as I get all these projects out of the way.  (I still have one more blanket to crochet for Jill!)

Below is a photo of me, Riley, and Julianna on her birthday.  Not sure why my camera decides to sometimes take pictures that look like a painting, but I kinda like it.   Welcome, Julianna Sarah! We've been waiting to see your sweet little face.

No comments: