I've found myself in situations where I am, or listening to someone, complaining about the same shit over and over again. I absolutely do not want to be this person. It's tiring, annoying, and completely unnecessary. Life is a pretty amazing thing, and I refuse to let nonsense waste anymore time.
So I came to this conclusion while talking to my guru/husband the other day: I shall live my life according to WWJD? What Would Jito Do? Rojo is one of my dogs. We call him many, many things among them Rojito which is usually shortened to "Jito." You see, we Hispanics add "ito" to the end of words where the subject is just a little thing. Rojo is a sweetheart. He loves life, his family, snuggling with his brother Slinky, and playing fetch. His main goal in life is to love (and kiss) as much as possible. Doesn't that sound great?
I realize this makes me seem even more like a crazy-dog-person, but I don't care. I love animals. I don't get people who aren't into animals, just like they probably don't get why some of us love them as much as we would a person. But really, whether or not you are into them, you can learn a lot from these adorable creatures.
This photo captures what Rojo is all about. His focus is completely directed at what is important to him. At the time, and at many times throughout the day, he is focused on his toy because it is a task and it gives him pleasure although it can be draining. Psssst! - apply this to work. During other parts of his day he finds time to nap or just lay out on the grass and stare into the sunlight. He does this because it brings him peace. Psssst! Apply this to your hobbies. The rest of the day is spent loving on his wonderful parents and siblings. he even takes care of them by licking them for disgusting amounts of time, making sure they are spotless. He cuddles, looks us straight in the eye, and cannot hide his devotion and love for all of us. Psssst! Apply this to family and friends!
I have, and continue to learn, a lot from this pup. He's just a great little guy with a big heart who always keeps his eyes on the prize and sends out as much love as he can.
Every day, WWJD?

1 comment:
I LOVE THIS PHOTO AND POST!
Post a Comment