Saturday, June 27, 2009

hello, summer.

What a busy month this has been. My week days have been busy with closing out the end of another school year and then two weeks of teaching summer school. My weekends have been filled with friends, family, and book club. I'm so ready to have some free time!

In between all the June madness, Justin and I went on our Maui vacation. We only stay 4 days when we go on vacation because we get homesick pretty quickly (mainly because we miss our dogs) and this was no exception when we decided to travel to this Hawaiian paradise. We stayed at the Sheraton and the grounds/hotel were just beautiful. We didn't do too much but lay around on the beach, eat at a fancy restaurant (this is always Justin's doing, always trying to get me to try new foods), and snorkel. Snorkeling did not agree with me, but I would try it again someday. What I won't miss about Maui (besides the terrible tan I acquired) is the price of food. Too expensive! The people and scenery were great though.



I haven't been updating too much on this blog. When I want to rant I use my Myspace blog, when I want to update everyday things I use Facebook, and when I want to talk about projects I use this blog. The lack of updates just goes to show how little I've been crafting. I have a few projects that have been on my mind but I don't know how to make them come together yet. Number 1 being an inspiration book that I have been collecting images for for the past year and a half. I'm not sure how I want the book to look or even what kind of book I should use. Good thing I have all summer to figure it out!

No comments: