I picked up Riley from daycare and she was pumped for all the gifts and treats that Valentine's day brings. When we got to my house she immediately went to the craft room to pick out paper and materials to make a card for her mom and Clint. I held her hand and guided her writing and drew the frame for the bodies but she colored everything on her own. After her valentine was finished we went out to the backyard to keep Justin company while he grilled some chicken. Here's a glimpse of what it's like to hang out with a three year old:
Riley: I want to make a wish on something.
Tia Jessie: Well, the sun is still out a bit, there are no stars to wish on yet.
Riley: But I want to make a wish! Why does it have to be a star?
Tia Jessie: Because that's just the way it works. OK, How about you wish on a cloud instead?
Riley: OK! But wait, I have to lay down on the grass first to see the clouds.
Tia Jessie: Why do you have to do that?
Riley: Because that's just the way it works!
After many years of making wishes, I should have known that. I guess it takes a sweet little girl like Riley to help me remember what it's like to look up at the sky and truly dream.
No comments:
Post a Comment