I don't know how I ever used to keep up with a blog. It seems to get harder every year but it's something that I love to look back on. My calendar has been totally filled for the past three weeks and tonight is the first night in a long while where I can just come home and relax with my husband and puppies. I woke up exhausted but giddy because of this.
Just a quick review of what's past:
-Cabin trip up to the White Mountains with my husband's family. Oma rented a cute, spacious cabin at a place called Lakeside. Such a cute town that was more populated than I had expected. Ate at a few adorable restaurants, one being Munich Haus. My German in-laws can take all the sausage, but I had a vegetarian meal.
-Camping trip for my nana's birthday at Dogtown lake. Our family used to always go camping there when we were little and my sisters and I couldn't wait to get back there with our own little families. There is a great trail that we used to always hike and attempted to re-discover this trip but we were being eaten alive by mosquitos and had to turn back to camp after 15 mins. There were billions of those bloodsuckers. So many that we had to eat in the car one night because we were spending so much time swatting that we weren't getting any eating done. I came back with 20+ bites (that's not an exaggeration). Despite those mosquito assholes we had a great time hanging out and laughing with cousins, tios, tias, and of course our nana and tata.
-The start of my 6th year of teaching. It's been exhausting and I haven't had any time to do anything crafty, but I have such cute students so it all shakes out. This year seems so disorganized and time is already flying by. There are just not enough hours in a day. It's been three weeks and I'm still waiting to find myself caught up.
There were lots of other little fun sprinkles in there like Rockband night with my cousins, pottery night with the girls, and an "adult toys" party that Jax hosted at my house but I am too tired to go into details.
No comments:
Post a Comment