Monday, February 15, 2010

valentine's day weekend.

On Saturday night Justin and I hosted a Murder Mystery Bloody Valentine's Day Dinner. I dare you to say that fast five times. The party was a hoot and I can't wait to do it again. About 16 people came, but only 8 of us had parts. I suspect it must have been terribly boring for those that were the "audience." I am happy with the roles that I passed out to each person as they played their part perfectly.

The title of the game was called Pasta, Passion, and Pistols so we had a wine and pasta pot luck. Everything was delicious. The ending was kind of anti-climatic because I accidentally played the part of the CD that revealed who the killer was. Whoops. Who knew that reading the directions would be crucial to the surprise at the end? Oh, well. It was fun anyway. Art and Jolene said that they plan to have one next at their casa. Can't wait!

Yesterday was Valentine's Day (and we all know how I feel about that so I won't go into it again) and I slept through most of it. Seriously, I can't remember the last time I slept that much. I blame this cold/allergy thing that has been creeping up on me since Thursday. It landed on a Sunday so it was CSI and Pei Wei night. Justin was very thankful for that. I'm glad we share the same feelings about this "holiday." I did, however, make a gift for my sweetheart this year. It is a "10 Things I Love About You" mini flipbook. A group of us made them from flattened toilet paper rolls, covered them in paper, and made cards that fit inside each "envelope." I can't keep surprises, so as soon as I was done making it (a couple of weeks ago) I immediately showed Justin. I told him he could just open it but he wanted to wait and open each one as a 10 day countdown to Valentine's Day. All-in-all a very fun and restful weekend.

1 comment:

ayesha said...

I think it is funny that we both caved and gave the boys the gifts early. Hah!