Sunday, May 5, 2013

Date With The Night!

Yeah Yeah Yeahs:  4.13.13  Las Vegas, Cosmopolitan Hotel @ the Boulevard Pool

Perfect Setlist!!
Mosquito
Man
Phenomena
Under the Earth
Art Star
Heads Will Roll
Runaway
Gold Lion
Sacrilege
Turn Into
Cheated Hearts

Encore
Zero
Maps
Date With the Night

Do you see that encore?? DO YOU?? That was the exact encore I was hoping for!  Damnit, it was such a good concert.  Karen O was everything I'd dreamed she'd be, and aside from a pushy Asian chick trying to worm her way in front of Justin and I, it was a perfect concert.  Yes, perfect.  Perfect location, perfect weather, perfect setlist.  

I bought "early entry" tickets to claim my stake on a good spot and we ended up middle stage, second row!  I could see Karen's smiling face perfectly and she locked eyes with me during Zero and gave me a smile.  YES!  And of course I started bouncing around like a fool for the rest of the encore.  When they came back out for the encore she said that this was the best Vegas show ever :)  I'm pretty bummed that even though we were so close, I didn't capture that many good shots.  They were too bouncy, and I guess I wouldn't have it any other way.I had to pan out to get better shots, so the photos don't really capture just how close we were. 

It was a great mini-trip overall.  Saw Kim Kardashian  at her store in The Mirage (her baby bump is super cute and not at all as monstrous as the media leads you to believe) and TJ Thyme from Bones was standing behind us in line at the concert (nice guy!) 

The perfect weekend getaway with my man.

My favorite shot of the night:

I took some video of "Maps", but I found this video on YouTube and it has both "Maps" and "Date with the Night":


  
Quote of the Weekend from Justin:  "All of the girls you listen to are strange.  Tori is just a complete weirdo, Fiona Apple is a crazy manic depressive, and Karen O seems like she has murdered some people."







No comments: